THE FIRST KICK-OFF MEETING OF THE VERBUM_SAT PROJECT
- Location: Faculty of Arts, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Date: 09.05.2019
- Time: 14:00 – 19:00
- Event organiser: Faculty of Arts, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Faculty of Arts, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- PhD Zdravko Kobe – Primary Project Coordinator
- PhD Ana Jovanović – Project Coordinator and Researcher
- PhD Goran Vranešević – Scientific Coordinator and Researcher
- M.Sc. Sara Verderber – Event Manager and Researcher
- PhD Gregor Kroupa – Researcher
- PhD Jure Simoniti – Researcher
- Tanja Hribar – Financial management and administration
- Bor Joksić – Intern, research assistant
- European forensic agency
- PhD Dragan Mijović –Local coordinator and Principal researcher
- M.Sc. Lazar Nešić – Researcher and Administrator and financial manager
- PhD Tanja Kaurin – Research Associate
- Child and Youth Protection Center of Zagreb
- PhD Domagoj Štimac – Expert Associate
- Brave Telephone
- Hana Hrpka – Local Coordinator
- Maja Vukmanić Rajter – Administration and financial manager
- Presentation of project assumptions, objectives and deliverables.
- Presentation of consortium partners and their project roles.
- Formation of Steering committee and Executive board.
- Presentation of the work plan for Work packages 2 – 8.
- Workshop: Interoperability and database organization.
- Workshop: Data collection and processing.
- Workshop: Project Communication plan.
- Reporting and administrative management.
- Other: Presentation of project proposal (PhD Tanja Kaurin).
- Discussion, conclusions.
- 1. Sara Verderber: Welcoming speech.
- 2. PhD Zdravko Kobe: opening speech.
- 3. Bor Joksić: all members were asked and all agreed on the photo documentation of the Kick-off meeting.
- Presentation of the work plan for WP2 (preparatory actions): PhD Goran Vranešević, M.Sc. Sara Verderber
- Presentation of the work plan for WP3 (analysis of good practices): Hana Hrpka
- Presentation of the work plan for WP4 (research and validation of FSA standards): PhD Goran Vranešević
- Presentation of the work plan for WP5 (establishment of FSA standardized method) – M.Sc. Lazar Nešić
- Presentation of the work plan for WP6 (strengthening the capacity of LE): PhD Dragan Mijović
- Presentation of the work plan for WP7 (distribution of FSA method and dissemination): PhD Dragan Mijović
TOPICS DISCUSSED AND AGREED UPON
- a) Presentation of project assumptions, objectives and deliverables - PhD Ana Jovanović:
- Operational plan (descriptive specification of timelines and estimated changes in the budget) is due at the end of May, 25.5.2019.
- Partner timetable (detailed work plan for each partner) is due at the end of May, 25.5.2019.
- Archive of project activities is due at the end of the project, 31.3.2021.
- Midterm report is due on 31.3.2020.
- b) Presentation of consortium partners and their project roles:
PhD Dragan Mijović – Local Coordinator and Researcher, M.Sc. Lazar Nešić – Research Data Analytic, PhD Tanja Kaurin – Research Associate (EFA – European Forensic Agency).
Hana Hrpka – Local Coordinator (HT – Brave phone), Maja Vukmanić Rajter – administration and financial manager (HT), Domagoj Štimac – Expert Associate (PZDZ - Child and Youth Protection Centre of Zagreb).
PhD Zdravko Kobe – Primary Project Coordinator, PhD Ana Jovanović – Project Coordination and Research, PhD Goran Vranešević – Scientific Coordination and Research, M.Sc. Sara Verderber – Event management and Researcher, PhD Gregor Kroupa - Researcher, PhD Jure Simoniti – Researcher, Tanja Hribar – Financial management and administration, Bor Joksić – Research Assistant.
- c) Formation of the steering committee and the executive board
- Steering committee:
PhD Zdravko Kobe, PhD Ana Jovanović, PhD Goran Vranešević and M.Sc. Sara Verderber.
- Executive board:
• Brave Phone (HT): Hana Hrpka, deputy Maja Vukamnić Rajter.
• Child and Youth Protection Centre of Zagreb (PZDMZ): PhD Domagoj Štimac, deputy PhD Gordana Buljan Flander.
• Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Serbia (MUP): M.Sc. Mirko Matejić, deputy Dejan Kojič.
• European Forensic Agency (EFA): PhD Dragan Mijović, deputy M.Sc. Lazar Nešić.
• Faculty of Arts (FF UL): PhD Goran Vranešević, deputy M.Sc. Sara Verderber.
- d) The website will be up and running on 1.6.2019. The websites official language is English. The website will include all partners and links to similar projects. Due to the specifics of the confidentiality of the Verbum_Sat project, the website will not include all the educational material which all partners will receive during the duration of the project.
- e) All the partners and associates of the project must have a business card. The specifics of the logo on the business card will be discussed between Sara Verderber and PhD Dragan Mijović during the preparation of the course on the Scan method in Beograd, Serbia. Each partner must send the names and details of all the participants on the project.
- f) From 3.6. to 7.6. (42 hours) Sapir Avinoam is going to conduct a course on the SCAN method in Beograd, Serbia. The lecture will have two parts: basic and advanced training. All partners are invited. The educational workshop is confidential.
- g) Workshop: Interoperability and database organization – PhD Goran Vranešević
- OneDrive is the web platform that will be used for sharing all the literature and statements that will be used for FSA method. PhD Goran Vranešević will include all partners on OneDrive.
• Research material will be made available to all partners.
• All the statements of alleged victims, perpetrators and witnesses must be uniformly. Written or transcribed.
• The literature must be inserted into the database in the following uniform manner: in addition to the title, a short summary of the material must be written with an indication of the parts which are especially relevant to the WP, the date of the summary and the name of the researcher.
• All the literature must be uniformly inserted into the database: all participants that collect and share the literature database must write a short summary, preferably also indicate the part of the literature which is important to the WP. The person that writes the summary must also include the date of the summary and his/hers name.
• Most of the literature will be in English, Croatian or Serbian language. If any literature is will be in Slovene, the partners may ask for help the Slovenian partners and associates.
• The archive of all the statements and literature will be located on OneDrive and Slack.
• Slack is a web platform that will be used for communication between partners. All the important discussions will go through Slack. Slack will be used only for the most important information and discussions during the duration of the project. PhD Goran Vranešević will include all partners on Slack.
- h) Workshop: Project Communication plan – PhD Ana Jovanović
- Team meetings minute.
• Shared project folders will be on OneDrive.
• Email correspondence will be in English language.
• Project status reports – the discussions of the progress of the project will be held every 1 to 3 months by work package leaders. The first will take place after the preparatory phase.
• Video conferences will be held via Skype.
• Collaborative software – will be shared via Slack.
• Every 1 to 2 weeks each work package team must meet and discuss the work package progress. This must also be indicated on time tables.
- i) Obtaining and processing data
- Obtaining data:
Ministry of Internal Affairs (MUP), Brave phone (HT), Child and Youth Protection Centre of Zagreb (PZDMZ), Crisis centre Ljubljana.
• Source of data: statements of alleged victims, perpetrators and witnesses.
• Data collection time table: The statements will be obtained during the duration of the project.
• Purpose of data collection: statements will be relevant for the SCAN method.
• Source of data: transcriptions of conversations on the Brave phone.
• Source of data: transcriptions of forensic video interviews.
- Crisis centre for young children:
• Source of data: statements of children that are written down by workers at the centre.
- j) Methods of evaluation:
- Special questionnaire will be delivered among special crime investigators, crime. investigators that were trained on the FSA method during the duration of the project, and to the staff of the Brave phone.
- Evaluation forms and satisfaction questionnaires filled in after the activities by participants.
- k) Reporting and administrative management:
- OneDrive will contain the following:
• The minimum height of the EU emblem shall be 1 cm. The name of the European Union shall always be spelled out in full.
• The typeface to be used in conjunction with the EU emblem can be any of the following: Arial, Calibri, Garamond, Trebuchet, Tahoma, Verdana.
• Italic and underlined variations and the use of font effects are not allowed.
2. M.Sc. Lazar Nešić mentioned a possible cooperation with another partner, the Greek Ministry of Internal Affairs or Greek Police Department.
3. Topics of discussion:
• The usefulness of the FSA and SCAN methods for discovering false accusations of sexual abuse from adolescent girls in foster families.
• The usefulness of the FSA and SCAN methods for discovering possible sexual abuse in young children.